How to dose Hemp Extract (CBD)? Titration!
The question of dosing comes up a lot. Now, I am not a physician and must recommend that you speak with yours first. The short answer is that everyone is different and you need to find your dose by starting low and moving up slowly (titration). This is based off a number of factors including one's overall health, endocannabinoid system, weight, the condition being treated, the concentration and quality of the product you're taking. Below are some general guidelines:
- Store in a cool dry place away from light
- It’s best to take on an empty stomach
- Shake well before use
- Place drops under your tongue and hold for a good 2 minutes
- Start with a micro dose to see how your body reacts.
- Titrate - Go slow staying at a dose for 3 to 4 days before increasing or decreasing a modest amount (20%)
- Be patient
- Everyone is different and dosing may change based off of circumstances
- The effects should be tangible but subtle
- Some leading practitioners believe that certain pharmaceuticals, like Ivabradine, as well as grapefruit juice, should not be taken at the same time as CBD, as they compete for the Cytochrome P450 enzyme.
We are not physicians, this is for informational purposes only and recommend that you consult your physician before use. Especially if you are pregnant, nursing, have or suspect a medical condition, or are taking any medications. This product has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.