Cannabis, Marijuana & Hemp... O My! - What's the Difference?
It’s all Cannabis
- There are over a 1000 different cultivars of cannabis with a wide variety of uses and characteristics - cannabinoid and terpene content, seed production, fiber production, adaptability to different environments, difficulty to grow, etc.
- Is a slang term given to cannabis in the early 1900s, and commonly refers to recreational strains with psychoactive properties due to the high levels of THC.
- Varieties of cannabis that the U.S. government has legislated as having less than 0.3% THC.
- It is not psychoactive and won’t get you “high”.
- The 2018 Farm Bill passed on December 20th and classifies hemp as an agricultural commodity at the federal level.